Perth International Jazz Festival Inc (PIJF) is a not-for-profit incorporated association, staging its seventh festival from November 8-10 2019, and is continuing to meet its goal of becoming nationally and internationally acclaimed as one of Australia’s best Jazz Festivals.
PIJF aims to facilitate and support the performance of live jazz which will increase cultural awareness and a broad appreciation for the genre of jazz. PIJF delivers the highest quality jazz program from a wide range of popular and innovative artists from around the globe, for all types of audiences in Perth and the regions, with a specific focus on community.
engagement and education.
With the 2019 festival taking place in less than 5 months, this is an exciting opportunity to assist in the development of a fantastic event.
About the role:
• Regular attendance to monthly board meetings and other informal meetings
• Provide input to board meeting discussions
• Complete tasks required by the board in between board meetings
• Communicate with external parties to assist with the development of PIJF
The successful applicant will have:
• A keen interest in the music industry, particularly in Jazz or related genres
• The capacity to be able to complete tasks as required by PIJF
• The capacity to be able to attend regular PIJF board meetings
• Experience in a corporate environment
• Experience on other boards
• Strong organisational skills
• Strong communication skills
Applicants with a legal background will be highly regarded.
How to Apply:
If you are ready to join a dynamic board and can meet the above requirements, please forward a cover letter and a copy of your current resume which outlines your relevant experience for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com